Kit Downes Trio at Herts Jazz Club
- Credit: Emile Holba
The Kit Downes Trio play Herts Jazz Club this Sunday.
The trio have been playing together since 2005 and their music walks a line between the improvised and the composed using an eclectic mix of influences.
They have played at top jazz festivals and toured extensively throughout Germany and Austria.
Their first album was nominated for the Mercury Music Award in 2010 and their second album was voted number four in Jazzwise’s Albums of the Year in 2011.
Pianist Kit also plays regularly with Stan Sulzman, Troyka, The Golden Age of Steam, Sam Crockatt and Clark Tracey.
You may also want to watch:
The evening at the Hawthorne Theatre, Welwyn Garden City, gets underway at 7.30pm and tickets in advance from www.hertsjazz.co.uk/currentseason.html are £3 students/£8 members/£10 concessions/£11 full. On the door they are £5 students/£9 members/£11 concessions/£13 full.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 3 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 4 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 5 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 9 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 10 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'