King King at the Maltings Arts Theatre, St Albans
- Credit: Archant
AWARD-winning band King King featuring Alan Nimmo are playing Shades of Blue at the Maltings Arts Theatre in St Albans next Saturday, March 16.
The gig is part of St Albans Music City 2013 and the band is visiting the city as part of a tour promoting their imminent release of Standing in the Shadows.
King King’s brand of multi-faceted blues rock has won over audiences as diverse as The Great British Rhythm and Blues Festival, the Edinburgh Jazz and Blues Festival, the internationally acclaimed Belgium Rhythm & Blues Festival in Peer and Glastonbury.
Their rise to prominence has seen them racking up a host of accolades culminating in 2012 Best Band and Best Album at the British Blues Awards
Alan Nimmo, the driving force behind King King, is an award-winning bluesman in his own right who is widely known across the UK and Eukrope.
You may also want to watch:
Support for King King will come from Devlin Blue and tickets at £12.50 are available in advance from www.ticketsource.co.uk/ovo, by phone from 0844 8700887 or in person at St Albans Tourist & Information Centre, Town Hall, Market Place.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 5 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 6 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 8 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 9 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 10 Cheers! Great Northern pub set to host beer and cider festival