Kimpton ready for Art Show
AN ART show which is one of major events of a May Festival gets underway next Friday, May 4, and runs until Bank Holiday Monday.
Each year, the Kimpton Art Show brings together more than 100 artists from across the region, their works now hanging in many parts of the world.
Exhibits have included oils, watercolours and mixed media of modern impressionistic canvases, local themes and still life. The show, which is now in its 31st year, is held in the parish church and gives new artists an opportunity to test their talent as well as returning artists with a well-established reputation.
Last year, a number of new artists who have exhibited with Herts Open Studios took part as well as artists in other media such as glassware, stained glass, clay, sculpture, framed photography and textiles.
At various times during the weekend, local musicians will be playing informally as well.
You may also want to watch:
The opening night is from 6pm to 9pm next Friday. Admission is �3.50, payable at the door, and includes a complimentary glass of wine. Admission on Saturday, Sunday and Monday is �1 with children free.
The art show, along with the annual May Festival itself, was set up to provide funds for the restoration of the church, following the collapse of the Dacre Chapel roof. The roof has long since been re-built and although much restoration has taken place, an ongoing programme is necessary in order to preserve the village’s most historic building for future generations.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 8 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
Proceeds now go also to support the village Memorial Hall and other local causes. Further details can be found on the website at www.kimptonartshow.co.uk