Kimpton Players staging Pinter’s Caretaker
TWO regular performers at one of the most famous theatres in the UK are taking key roles in The Kimpton Players next production which opens next Thursday, June 16.
Seasoned actors Arthur South and Keith White have both appeared at the Minack Theatre in Cornwall and will be combining with well-known local actor David Vine in the production of Harold Pinter’s The Caretaker.
Commenting on his previous collaborations with Arthur, Keith said: “Arthur and I have appeared on stage together many times – here and in the US – but this will be the first time we’ve had lead roles together.”
Arthur, who is also chairman of The Kimpton Players, added: “Our group has been justly lauded over the years for its Old Time Music Hall but this will be something very different for us, very new and exciting.”
The show is being produced by Kimpton’s Aussie import Doug Jenner who said: “It might sound mad but I’ve dreamed of putting this show on for over 30 years. Three supremely talented actors at my disposal means I can do it at last.”
You may also want to watch:
The Caretaker will be performed at Kimpton Memorial Hall in Hall Lane until next Saturday, June 18, with doors opening at 7.30pm. Tickets and further information can be obtained from the box office on 01438 832542.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 5 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 6 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 9 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 10 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans