Just desserts for St Albans Chamber Opera
A LIGHT-hearted evening of words and music with a dessert interval will usher in the summer when St Albans Chamber Opera presents Midsummer Music at Verulamium Museum next Friday, June 22.
Songs include Gershwin’s Summertime, It was a Lover and his Lass, Some Enchanted Evening and a variety of duets and ensembles, like the flower duet from Lakme – sometimes remembered as the British Airways theme – a bit of Gilbert and Sullivan and even an item from Spamalot.
They will be performed by popular Chamber Opera singers Dominique Thiebaud, Debbie Davison, Philip Salmon and Andrew Tinkler accompanied by Simon Haynes.
Actors Harriet Rowlands and Simon Grover from the Company of Ten will perform a scene from Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream along with poems which conjure up the time of year.
The audience can also take in the Roman displays and the current Samuel Ryder exhibition at the museum with entry from 7.30pm for an 8pm start.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets at �20 include dessert served during the interval and are available from Phyl Swindlehurst on 01727 858307.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly