Just desserts for St Albans Chamber Opera
A LIGHT-hearted evening of words and music with a dessert interval will usher in the summer when St Albans Chamber Opera presents Midsummer Music at Verulamium Museum next Friday, June 22.
Songs include Gershwin’s Summertime, It was a Lover and his Lass, Some Enchanted Evening and a variety of duets and ensembles, like the flower duet from Lakme – sometimes remembered as the British Airways theme – a bit of Gilbert and Sullivan and even an item from Spamalot.
They will be performed by popular Chamber Opera singers Dominique Thiebaud, Debbie Davison, Philip Salmon and Andrew Tinkler accompanied by Simon Haynes.
Actors Harriet Rowlands and Simon Grover from the Company of Ten will perform a scene from Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream along with poems which conjure up the time of year.
The audience can also take in the Roman displays and the current Samuel Ryder exhibition at the museum with entry from 7.30pm for an 8pm start.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets at �20 include dessert served during the interval and are available from Phyl Swindlehurst on 01727 858307.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 8 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 9 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans