Julian Arguelles quartet at Herts Jazz Club
A major musical force, Julian Arguelles, brings his quartet to Herts Jazz Club on Sunday.
Julian has toured with Dave Holland, Jon Scofield and John Abercrombie and many others. He is the leader of his own groups and he has recorded 10 CDs as leader, winning many prestigious awards including the Jazz Composers Alliance Composition Award in the USA and Best Instrumentalist at the 2012 Scottish Jazz Awards.
The new ensemble sees him join up with three of the most highly-acclaimed younger members of the British jazz scene – Kit Downes, piano, Sam Lasserson, bass, and James Maddren, drums.
The music is influenced, as is much of Julian’s work, by the great jazz tradition but with strong references to folk, classical and world music.
The jazz club meets from 7.30pm at the Terrace Suite, Hawthorne Theatre, Welwyn Garden City.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets in advance from http://www.hertsjazz.co.uk/octdec2013.html are £3 students/£8 members/£10 concessions/£11 full.
On the door they are £5 students/£9 members/£11 concessions/£13 full.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 4 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 5 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 6 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 7 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land