Julian Arguelles quartet at Herts Jazz Club
A major musical force, Julian Arguelles, brings his quartet to Herts Jazz Club on Sunday.
Julian has toured with Dave Holland, Jon Scofield and John Abercrombie and many others. He is the leader of his own groups and he has recorded 10 CDs as leader, winning many prestigious awards including the Jazz Composers Alliance Composition Award in the USA and Best Instrumentalist at the 2012 Scottish Jazz Awards.
The new ensemble sees him join up with three of the most highly-acclaimed younger members of the British jazz scene – Kit Downes, piano, Sam Lasserson, bass, and James Maddren, drums.
The music is influenced, as is much of Julian’s work, by the great jazz tradition but with strong references to folk, classical and world music.
The jazz club meets from 7.30pm at the Terrace Suite, Hawthorne Theatre, Welwyn Garden City.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets in advance from http://www.hertsjazz.co.uk/octdec2013.html are £3 students/£8 members/£10 concessions/£11 full.
On the door they are £5 students/£9 members/£11 concessions/£13 full.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre