Judy Garland joins Frank Sinatra for Radlett centre tribute
- Credit: Archant
The Britain’s Got Talent singer who reduced Simon Cowell to tears comes to the Radlett Centre next Sunday, June 19, with The Rat Pack & Judy.
Becky O’Brien who sang Over The Rainbow on the TV show and then went on to work alongside Judy Garland’s daughter Lorna Luft, joined the stars of Strictly Come Dancing in the UK tour of Puttin’ on the Ritz before guesting in Sinatra, The Centennial Tour, joins David Alacey as Frank Sinatra in The Rat Pack & Judy from 7.30pm.
The evening is in support of victims of domestic abuse and Becky, who was a victim for many years, said: “Like Judy my life hasn’t always been easy. But hopefully I have shown that with strength and determination you can overcome most things because although it sounds clichéd, there is always something, somewhere of someone better over the rainbow.”
Becky has recently been made the first survivor ambassador for Women’s Aid, the domestic abuse charity, and with The Rat Pack & Judy supporting the charity, seats are being provided for victims everywhere it is performed.
Joining Becky and David in the show are Paul Drakeley as Dean Martin and Des Coleman as Sammy Davis Jnr.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £22.50 with concessions £20, available from the box office on 01923 859291.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 3 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 4 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 7 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 10 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public