Josie Long leading the laughs at Waterend Barn, St Albans
HEADLINE act Josie Long, who tops the line-up at Funny First Mondays in St Albans next week has earned success all over the world. She has been a stand-up since the age of 14 and won a BBC New Comedy Award in 1999 when she was just 17. She regularly perfo
HEADLINE act Josie Long, who tops the line-up at Funny First Mondays in St Albans next week has earned success all over the world.
She has been a stand-up since the age of 14 and won a BBC New Comedy Award in 1999 when she was just 17.
She regularly performs alongside the likes of Robin Ince, Stewart Lee and Isy Suttie as well as appearing in Skins and being a guest on Never Mind the Buzzcocks and Radio Four's Just A Minute.
Opening the comedy club at the Waterend Barn on Monday evening is baby-faced comedian Matt Green who attracted rave reviews for his Edinburgh show this year.
You may also want to watch:
Laughing Horse and Hackney Empire finalist Pat Burtscher and Comedy Store Gong Show winner Don Biswas complete the line-up, with Paul Redwood as guest MC.
Funny First Mondays was set up by St Albans Arts - STARTS - in November 2005 and has been run by the group since.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 7 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 8 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
But it is now standing back and handing over the reins to regular host, comic and organiser Mike Manera who will be managing the comedy night himself.
He said: "St Albans Arts did a great job establishing this event and it has been very good working with them. We don't intend to change things very much for the moment as our audiences seem to like it the way it is.
"The Waterend Barn's little barn is a perfect comedy venue and we plan to go on to even greater things."
Admission at �5 to next Monday's show is on the door or via www.wegottickets.co.uk and the comedy begins at 8pm.