Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat performance at St Albans Cathedral
- Credit: Archant
An ‘Amazing’ charity concert is being arranged by the new High Sheriff of Hertfordshire in St Albans.
Suzy Harvey is hosting a performance of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat at St Albans Cathedral on Saturday, May 26.
Pupils from the prestigious Tring Park School for the Performing Arts will be performing an amateur concert version of the musical for the High Sheriff of Hertfordshire’s charity concert.
This much-loved family musical, with lyrics by Tim Rice and music by Andrew Lloyd Webber, celebrates its 50th birthday this year, having been performed over 20,000 times worldwide in both amateur and professional productions.
Joseph is an almost entirely ‘sung through’ telling of the story of Joseph, a colourful character depicted in the Bible’s Book of Genesis.
You may also want to watch:
It continues to appeal to audiences of all ages and will sound magnificent performed in the beautiful setting of the Abbey.
The concert has been arranged by Suzy Harvey, High Sheriff of Hertfordshire.
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 3 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 4 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 5 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 6 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 7 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 10 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
She said: “It gives me great pleasure to host this concert and bring the hugely talented students from Tring Park School for the Performing Arts to St Albans Cathedral to perform arguably one of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s most popular musicals.
“With unforgettable songs and wonderful lyrics, I hope musical theatre lovers will support the event and enjoy a fantastic evening’s entertainment.”
As one of the UK’s top performing arts and academic schools, Tring Park provides a unique opportunity for pupils to follow their dreams, specialising in acting, dance, musical theatre or commercial music alongside a high quality academic education.
Set in a former Rothschild mansion, the school boasts impressive alumni – Daisy Ridley (Star Wars), Lily James (Cinderella, Darkest Hour, Downton Abbey), Jessica Brown Findlay (Downton Abbey) and X Factor finalist Ella Henderson to name a few.
All proceeds from the concert will be shared between St Albans Cathedral and the ‘Love Herts’ Appeal at Hertfordshire Community Foundation, which helps vulnerable people across Hertfordshire.
The concert starts at 7.30pm.
• Tickets are available from the Cathedral box office or via www.stalbanscathedral.org/whatson/