Join the Chorus to Sing Mozart! in the Cathedral
- Credit: Archant
A chance to sing Mozart’s Requiem accompanied by a professional orchestra and soloists is on offer from Hertfordshire Chorus.
Sing Mozart! is an opportunity for both aspiring and seasoned singers to take part in a special performance of the Requiem at St Albans Abbey on Saturday, February 20.
There will be no auditions but singers will be expected to attend six rehearsals in St Albans during January and February - four of which will be on Saturday mornings.
All rehearsals will take place under the supervision of the Chorus’ musical director, David Temple. One of the country’s leading choirmasters he has worked not only with large symphonic choirs but also with choirs for pop and rock artists such as Noel Gallaher and Ray Davies and with top names in the classical and film world such as Andrea Bocelli and Ennio Morricone.
David said: “I am very excited to be part of Sing Mozart! I am really looking forward to working with new singers, people who may have said to themselves in the past ‘I would liked to do that’ but who have never had the courage to do it. Well now there is no excuse. Rehearsals will be ‘singer friendly’ and we will provide learning aids.”
You may also want to watch:
Mozart’s Requiem is one of the great choral works. Chorus chairman Janet Cameron said: “We want to offer local people a wonderful opportunity to come together with Hertfordshire Chorus to sing this popular and well-loved piece with top class musicians and in a wonderful setting.”
She added: “We are expecting to reach perhaps 80 “new” singers but it may turn out to be ‘ first come, first served’ so I urge budding singers to register their interest early.”
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 4 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 5 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 6 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 7 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 8 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 9 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
- 10 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
Singers will be asked to contribute £30 to the cost of putting on Sing Mozart. To register email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07482 953092.