Join the Chorus to Sing Mozart! in the Cathedral
- Credit: Archant
A chance to sing Mozart’s Requiem accompanied by a professional orchestra and soloists is on offer from Hertfordshire Chorus.
Sing Mozart! is an opportunity for both aspiring and seasoned singers to take part in a special performance of the Requiem at St Albans Abbey on Saturday, February 20.
There will be no auditions but singers will be expected to attend six rehearsals in St Albans during January and February - four of which will be on Saturday mornings.
All rehearsals will take place under the supervision of the Chorus’ musical director, David Temple. One of the country’s leading choirmasters he has worked not only with large symphonic choirs but also with choirs for pop and rock artists such as Noel Gallaher and Ray Davies and with top names in the classical and film world such as Andrea Bocelli and Ennio Morricone.
David said: “I am very excited to be part of Sing Mozart! I am really looking forward to working with new singers, people who may have said to themselves in the past ‘I would liked to do that’ but who have never had the courage to do it. Well now there is no excuse. Rehearsals will be ‘singer friendly’ and we will provide learning aids.”
You may also want to watch:
Mozart’s Requiem is one of the great choral works. Chorus chairman Janet Cameron said: “We want to offer local people a wonderful opportunity to come together with Hertfordshire Chorus to sing this popular and well-loved piece with top class musicians and in a wonderful setting.”
She added: “We are expecting to reach perhaps 80 “new” singers but it may turn out to be ‘ first come, first served’ so I urge budding singers to register their interest early.”
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 7 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
Singers will be asked to contribute £30 to the cost of putting on Sing Mozart. To register email email@example.com or call 07482 953092.