Join the Chorus to Sing Mozart! in the Cathedral
- Credit: Archant
A chance to sing Mozart’s Requiem accompanied by a professional orchestra and soloists is on offer from Hertfordshire Chorus.
Sing Mozart! is an opportunity for both aspiring and seasoned singers to take part in a special performance of the Requiem at St Albans Abbey on Saturday, February 20.
There will be no auditions but singers will be expected to attend six rehearsals in St Albans during January and February - four of which will be on Saturday mornings.
All rehearsals will take place under the supervision of the Chorus’ musical director, David Temple. One of the country’s leading choirmasters he has worked not only with large symphonic choirs but also with choirs for pop and rock artists such as Noel Gallaher and Ray Davies and with top names in the classical and film world such as Andrea Bocelli and Ennio Morricone.
David said: “I am very excited to be part of Sing Mozart! I am really looking forward to working with new singers, people who may have said to themselves in the past ‘I would liked to do that’ but who have never had the courage to do it. Well now there is no excuse. Rehearsals will be ‘singer friendly’ and we will provide learning aids.”
You may also want to watch:
Mozart’s Requiem is one of the great choral works. Chorus chairman Janet Cameron said: “We want to offer local people a wonderful opportunity to come together with Hertfordshire Chorus to sing this popular and well-loved piece with top class musicians and in a wonderful setting.”
She added: “We are expecting to reach perhaps 80 “new” singers but it may turn out to be ‘ first come, first served’ so I urge budding singers to register their interest early.”
- 1 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 4 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 5 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn
- 6 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 7 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 8 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 9 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
Singers will be asked to contribute £30 to the cost of putting on Sing Mozart. To register email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07482 953092.