Join St Albans’ OVO for History Boys production
- Credit: Archant
LEADING St Albans-based theatre company OVO is searching for new young talent for its forthcoming production of The History Boys.
In Alan Bennett’s seminal noughties play, staffroom rivalry and the anarchy of adolescence provoke insistent questions about education and its purpose.
The original production opened at London’s National Theatre in 2004 and made stars of many of its young cast including James Corden, Matt Smith and Russell Tovey.
The play was a huge hit in the West End and on Broadway as well as on the big screen when it was filmed in 2006.
OVO will be bringing the play to its home at the Maltings Arts Theatre in St Albans in November. The company is now looking for aspiring young local actors aged between 16 and 21 to join the cast and open auditions will be held at the theatre at 2pm next Sunday, July 28, and on Sunday, August 11.
You may also want to watch:
Director Ed White commented: “The History Boys is a subtle yet immensely funny play. I know there are lots of outstanding young actors in the local area who will relish the opportunity to play the fantastic parts Alan Bennett has created. Who knows – perhaps we will find the new Matt Smith in our midst!”
To register interest in attending the auditions, contact OVO’s artistic director, Adam Nichols, at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07956 140920.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 5 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 6 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 7 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 8 St Albans City reach FA Cup first round after shoot-out win over Corinthian Casuals
- 9 Charity clothes swap raises thousands for mental health charity
- 10 A New York state of mind