Johnny Cash and Jerry Lee Lewis tributes at The Horn, St Albans
TWO tribute acts brings legends Johnny Cash and Jerry Lee Lewis to The Horn in Victoria Street, St Albans, tomorrow night (Friday).
Cash: The Legend is a portrayal of the life and times of Johnny Cash and features all his hits, both solo and with his wife June Carter.
The show is split into two halves with the first focusing on the early years at Sun records and the second moving through the legendary Prison Tour and taking inspiration from the Johnny Cash TV Show.
Peter Jackson is Johnny Cash and performs with a young band who are all seasoned veterans of the rock’n’roll circuit.
Darren Green takes the role of Jerry Lee Lewis in his tribute to the pop legend. He has played Jerry since he auditioned for a touring show called Rockin’ on Heaven’s Door in 2004 and six years later joined the show Rock’n’Roll Paradise playing on a piano which bursts into flames during the song Great Balls of Fire.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the tribute double bill are �6 in advance and �7 on the door.
Tributes continue on Saturday night (10) when Oasist perform as Oasis with a show which both sounds and looks like the real thing.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 3 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 7 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 8 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 9 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
Oasist have performed hundreds of shows all across the UK and Europe and put on a two hour performance of classic Oasis hits including many B sides and acoustic songs.
Tickets are �6 in advance and �7 on the door.