Joe Brown and Illegal Eagles at Alban Arena
- Credit: Archant
Rock’n’roll legend Joe Brown performs at the Alban Arena next Wednesday, April 23.
Joe’s Very Best Of… album achieved a Gold Record for 120,000 sales and was in the UK charts for eight weeks.
He has continued to break box office records and recently received MOJO Magazine’s Outstanding Contribution to Music Award as well as an MBE.
Joined by his five-piece band, Joe will be on stage all evening performing timeless classics, rockabilly, gospel, country, folk, and rock’n’roll, all interwoven with Joe’s humorous reminiscences.
The evening gets underway at 7.30pm and tickets at £25.50 and £23.50 are available form the Arena box office on 01727 844488 or go to www.alban-arena.co.uk.
The Illegal Eagles return to the Arena the following night, Thursday, April 24.
Following a number of critically-acclaimed UK and European tours, The Illegal Eagles have established themselves as the ultimate tribute to The Eagles.
- 1 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 2 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 3 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 4 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 5 How the extent of cost of living crisis hit home at St Albans' CEX store
- 6 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 7 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 8 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 9 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 10 BBC 5 Live football podcast recorded at 'Britain's oldest pub' in St Albans
Vocalist Greg Webb has joined the line-up of members Phil Aldridge, Keith Atack, Al Vosper, Darin Murphy and Garreth Hicklin to perform such classics as Hotel California, Take It Easy, Lyin’ Eyes, Life in the Fast Lane, Take it to the Limit, Tequila Sunrise, Desperado and New Kid in Town.
The performance begins at 7.30pm and tickets are £24.50 and £22.50.
An appearance by actor and comedian Alan Davies next Friday, April 25, has sold out.
n Critically acclaimed film The Monuments Men is showing at the Arena at 7.30pm on Tuesday, April 22.
Directed by and starring George Clooney, it also features Matt Damon, Bill Murray, John Goodman and Hugh Bonneville in the story of the greatest treasure hunt in history.
An unlikely WWII platoon are sent in to Germany to rescue artistic masterpieces from Nazi thieves and return them to their rightful owners. How could these men, all museum directors, curators and art historians more familiar with Michelangelo than the M1 Carbine, possibly hope to succeed?
Tickets are £7 or £5 for concessions.