Joanna Forbes and Alexander L’Estrange at Harpenden High Street Methodist Church
HUSBAND and wife team Joanna Forbes and Alexander L’Estrange are conducting a swing workshop for singers at Harpenden High Street Methodist Church Hall this Saturday.
The workshop, which runs from 10am to 4pm, is designed for choral singers and directors who are keen to improve and enhance their performance of jazz, gospel, world music and pop.
Former Swingle Singer Joanne and jazz musician and Zimbe! composer Alexander give an opportunity to experiment with aspects of performance including vocal techniques, style, blend, pronunciation, presentation and swing.
Sight reading is not necessary because most of the work will be by ear.
The workshop has been arranged by Harpenden Choral Society and admission is �15 with special student discount tickets at �7.50 which includes refreshments provided during the lunch break.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are available from box office manager Tricia Beavis on 01582 419379, Creature Comforts in Vaughan Road, Harpenden, online at www.harpendenchoralsociety.org or on the door.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall