Joanna Forbes and Alexander L’Estrange at Harpenden High Street Methodist Church
HUSBAND and wife team Joanna Forbes and Alexander L’Estrange are conducting a swing workshop for singers at Harpenden High Street Methodist Church Hall this Saturday.
The workshop, which runs from 10am to 4pm, is designed for choral singers and directors who are keen to improve and enhance their performance of jazz, gospel, world music and pop.
Former Swingle Singer Joanne and jazz musician and Zimbe! composer Alexander give an opportunity to experiment with aspects of performance including vocal techniques, style, blend, pronunciation, presentation and swing.
Sight reading is not necessary because most of the work will be by ear.
The workshop has been arranged by Harpenden Choral Society and admission is �15 with special student discount tickets at �7.50 which includes refreshments provided during the lunch break.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are available from box office manager Tricia Beavis on 01582 419379, Creature Comforts in Vaughan Road, Harpenden, online at www.harpendenchoralsociety.org or on the door.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 5 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
- 6 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 9 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 10 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game