Jimoein and Martha Reeves at the Alban Arena
- Credit: Archant
Comedian Jimeoin is back at the Alban Arena next Thursday, April 3, with his new show Yes, Yes, Whatever…!?
One of live comedy’s masters, he is known for his wit and observations on the absurdities of everyday life and how we live it.
Jimeoin has appeared on TV shows including Live at the Apollo, The Royal Variety Performance and Michael McIntyre’s Comedy Roadshow.
The show begins at 7.30pm and tickets at £17.50 are available from http//www.alban-arena.co.uk or the box office on 01727 844488.
Motown comes to the Arena the following night, Friday, April 4, with a visit from Martha Reeves and The Vandellas.
One of the most successful bands in Motown, charting well over 20 hits between 1963 and 1972, they boast a harder R&B sound than contemporaries such as The Supremes and The Marvelettes,.
Songs like Nowhere To Run, Jimmy Mack, and Dancing In The Street have become some of the best known songs of the era.
Tickets are £23.50 and the show begins at 7.30pm.
- 1 Woman assaulted by teenage boys in Hemel Hempstead underpass
- 2 Man stabbed in St Albans
- 3 St Albans District pupils power to success in the pool
- 4 Daughter taking the plunge in mum's memory
- 5 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 6 Club night revival in St Albans
- 7 St Albans paedophile jailed for trying to arrange online abuse
- 8 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 9 Bahá’ís bring bench to St Albans parkland
- 10 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
Vienna Festival Ballet is returning to the Arena with their new production of Swan Lake at 2.30pm next Saturday, April 5.
The greatest romantic ballet in the world, it features international stars and the music of Tchaikovsky in the classic tale of Odette, the princess turned into a swan by an evil sorceress.
Tickets are £22.50 with concessions £4 off and under-16s £14.50.
n Miami Pro World Championships, at the Arena next Sunday, April 6, has sold out.