Jim Mullen trio at Herts Jazz Club
- Credit: Archant
Contemporary guitarist Jim Mullen will bring his original voice and organ trio to Herts Jazz Club this Sunday.
Originally from Glasgow Jim moved to London in 1969, going on to work in the groups of Pete Brown, Brian Auger ,Vinegar Joe, and Kokomo.
In 1975 he met sax player Dick Morrissey, and they began a 15-year association working as the funk band Morrisey Mullen. After the demise of that band he worked with jazz vocalist Claire Martin and formed a series of quartets.
The Jim Mullen Organ Trio brings together three of the leading jazz exponents in the UK and they play melodic, blues-drenched modern jazz.
The evening at the Hawthorne Theatre, Welwyn Garden City, gets underway at 7.30pm and tickets at £3 students/£8 members/£10 concessions/£11 full are available in advance from www.hertsjazz.co.uk/currentseason.html
You may also want to watch:
On the door they are £5 students/£9 members/£11 concessions/£13 full.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 8 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land