Jessica joins Harpenden panto line-up
LOCAL girl Jessica Pegram is to play the lead role of Alice Fitzwarren in Harpenden’s panto this Christmas.
Jessica, who is 17 and lives in Harpenden, will be starring opposite TVs Cerrie Burnell and Peter Purves in Dick Whittington.
She has already appeared in a number of productions including the successful West Side Story, performed recently at Harpenden Public Halls by Empire Arts.
Describing appearing in Dick Whittington as a great experience, she said: “To get to work with the lovely Cerrie Burnell, who is so very popular with children thanks to CBeebies, and with the legend that is Peter Purves – well, what can I say - I am honoured.”
Jessica attended Roundwood Park School and works as part of the team helping children learn performance skills at Harpenden’s Stagecoach.
You may also want to watch:
Panto producer Chris Law said “Jessica is going to be fantastic – she has a great singing voice, is a wonderful actress, and looks fabulous on stage – she will make the perfect Alice.”
Dick Whittington can be seen at Harpenden Public Halls from December 15 to 22 and tickets from �10 with group discounts available, can be obtained from the box office on 01582 767525 or online at www.harpendenpublichalls.co.uk
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 5 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 6 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 7 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 8 St Albans City reach FA Cup first round after shoot-out win over Corinthian Casuals
- 9 Charity clothes swap raises thousands for mental health charity
- 10 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery