Jessica joins Harpenden panto line-up
LOCAL girl Jessica Pegram is to play the lead role of Alice Fitzwarren in Harpenden’s panto this Christmas.
Jessica, who is 17 and lives in Harpenden, will be starring opposite TVs Cerrie Burnell and Peter Purves in Dick Whittington.
She has already appeared in a number of productions including the successful West Side Story, performed recently at Harpenden Public Halls by Empire Arts.
Describing appearing in Dick Whittington as a great experience, she said: “To get to work with the lovely Cerrie Burnell, who is so very popular with children thanks to CBeebies, and with the legend that is Peter Purves – well, what can I say - I am honoured.”
Jessica attended Roundwood Park School and works as part of the team helping children learn performance skills at Harpenden’s Stagecoach.
You may also want to watch:
Panto producer Chris Law said “Jessica is going to be fantastic – she has a great singing voice, is a wonderful actress, and looks fabulous on stage – she will make the perfect Alice.”
Dick Whittington can be seen at Harpenden Public Halls from December 15 to 22 and tickets from �10 with group discounts available, can be obtained from the box office on 01582 767525 or online at www.harpendenpublichalls.co.uk
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 5 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 6 Green light given to new hospital project
- 7 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 8 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 9 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 10 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved