Jenny Eclair and Paper Tom at Harpenden Public Halls
A TIMELY new play interweaving the lives of a World War One and an Afghanistan soldier comes to Harpenden Public Halls on Monday, November 5.
Paper Tom is set in 1918 when Tom returns from the trenches of World War One. Almost 100 years later another British soldier returns home from Afghanistan. The play looks at the challenges they face once the adrenaline of active service has faded.
Researched over a two year period, including first-hand accounts from serving and ex-military personnel and their families, Paper Tom parallels the historical legacy of shell-shock with the contemporary condition of post-traumatic stress disorder.
It explores the psychological effects of war through a mix of new writing, physical theatre and multimedia.
The play begins at 7.30pm and tickets are �12 with concessions �10 and school parties �8, available from the box office on 01582 767525 or visit www.harpendenpublichalls.co.uk
Jenny �clair bring her show Eclairious to the Public Halls at 8pm next Thursday, November 8.
Professional Grumpy Old Woman, writer and panto star, she has been round the block so many times she’s lost count.
- 1 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 See inside this loft style apartment in a former hat factory
- 3 Train timetable shakeup due in St Albans and Watford from May 15
- 4 Woman found in canal near M25 in Hertfordshire
- 5 St Albans shop showcasing small independents by renting out shelves
- 6 Nearly 100 motorway cameras upgraded to catch drivers who flout red X rules
- 7 Harpenden neighbours condemn plans for builders merchant next to residential properties
- 8 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 9 Revealed: Most popular Deliveroo takeaway dishes in St Albans
- 10 Missing 25-year-old last seen in Coreys Mill Lane found in Stevenage
She is a familiar face from Loose Women where she is one of ‘The Coven’ but will be performing an evening of stand-up at the Public Halls.
Tickets are �17.50.