Jenny Eclair and Paper Tom at Harpenden Public Halls
A TIMELY new play interweaving the lives of a World War One and an Afghanistan soldier comes to Harpenden Public Halls on Monday, November 5.
Paper Tom is set in 1918 when Tom returns from the trenches of World War One. Almost 100 years later another British soldier returns home from Afghanistan. The play looks at the challenges they face once the adrenaline of active service has faded.
Researched over a two year period, including first-hand accounts from serving and ex-military personnel and their families, Paper Tom parallels the historical legacy of shell-shock with the contemporary condition of post-traumatic stress disorder.
It explores the psychological effects of war through a mix of new writing, physical theatre and multimedia.
The play begins at 7.30pm and tickets are �12 with concessions �10 and school parties �8, available from the box office on 01582 767525 or visit www.harpendenpublichalls.co.uk
You may also want to watch:
Jenny �clair bring her show Eclairious to the Public Halls at 8pm next Thursday, November 8.
Professional Grumpy Old Woman, writer and panto star, she has been round the block so many times she’s lost count.
- 1 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 2 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 3 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 4 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 5 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 6 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 7 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 10 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
She is a familiar face from Loose Women where she is one of ‘The Coven’ but will be performing an evening of stand-up at the Public Halls.
Tickets are �17.50.