Jenny Eclair and Paper Tom at Harpenden Public Halls
A TIMELY new play interweaving the lives of a World War One and an Afghanistan soldier comes to Harpenden Public Halls on Monday, November 5.
Paper Tom is set in 1918 when Tom returns from the trenches of World War One. Almost 100 years later another British soldier returns home from Afghanistan. The play looks at the challenges they face once the adrenaline of active service has faded.
Researched over a two year period, including first-hand accounts from serving and ex-military personnel and their families, Paper Tom parallels the historical legacy of shell-shock with the contemporary condition of post-traumatic stress disorder.
It explores the psychological effects of war through a mix of new writing, physical theatre and multimedia.
The play begins at 7.30pm and tickets are �12 with concessions �10 and school parties �8, available from the box office on 01582 767525 or visit www.harpendenpublichalls.co.uk
You may also want to watch:
Jenny �clair bring her show Eclairious to the Public Halls at 8pm next Thursday, November 8.
Professional Grumpy Old Woman, writer and panto star, she has been round the block so many times she’s lost count.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre
- 10 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
She is a familiar face from Loose Women where she is one of ‘The Coven’ but will be performing an evening of stand-up at the Public Halls.
Tickets are �17.50.