Jekyll and Hyde at Maltings Arts Theatre, St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A one-man show which is the fulfillment of a life-long ambition is being performed at the Maltings Arts Theatre in St Albans next Friday and Saturday, July 11 and 12.
Following hot on the heels of Betrayal recently presented in May by StageSpell Theatre Company, Mark Waghorn is returning to the Maltings Arts Theatre in The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde based on the classic mystery tale of the same name by Robert Louis Stevenson.
Mark has written and will be performing in the one-man show which is directed by Jo Emery who also starred in Betrayal.
The show is produced in association with the Company of Ten, where it was premiered earlier this year to and it will also be presented at this summer’s Camden Fringe Festival in August.
The classic mystery tale about the inexorable conflict between good and evil has been faithfully abridged and adapted for the stage by Mark.
You may also want to watch:
Central to the piece is the character of Gabriel John Utterson, Dr Henry Jekyll’s lawyer and most trusted friend. Deeply concerned by a strange clause in his friend’s will, Utterson feels compelled to investigate the sinister Edward Hyde – Jekyll’s unlikely protégé.
Convinced that Jekyll and Hyde’s relationship is founded on blackmail, Utterson embarks on a quest to learn more but as he does so, he finds the truth to be far worse than he could have ever imagined.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 5 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 6 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 8 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 9 Cheers! Great Northern pub set to host beer and cider festival
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
The play is being performed at 8pm on both nights and tickets at £10 can be obtained via the website http://www.maltingsartstheatre.co.uk/