Jeff Innocent headlines St Albans comedy club
FUNNY First Mondays is returning to its former home next week after 92 per cent of the club’s mailing list said they wanted to go back there.
The long-running comedy club had switched to St Albans Town Hall but after a poll of regular supporters, it has opted to move back to the Waterend Barn next to the Alban Arena.
And fittingly, the first show back there features a comedy legend making his first visit to Funny First Mondays, Jeff Innocent.
He has been performing comedy at the highest level for over 20 years, touring extensively both abroad and in the UK.
He has also appeared on a wide range of TV programmes as a stand up and actor including Later with Jools Holland, The Stand Up Show and The National Lottery Show as well as comedy panel shows, Eight Out of 10 Cats and Mock the Week.
Opening the show, which gets underway at 8pm, will be up-and-coming star Brett Goldstein and also on the bill are local comedian Peter Callaghan and FFM comedy course graduate Dan Meese.
Resident MC Mike Manera will hold the show together.
- 1 Trains between St Albans and Luton cancelled due to fire
- 2 Woman in her 70s victim of St Albans 'distraction theft'
- 3 Man threatened officers with 'bomb' at police station
- 4 Motorbike strikes barrier on North Orbital Road near St Albans
- 5 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 6 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
- 7 Village prepares for return of Scarecrow Festival after three years
- 8 'Summer holiday blues? Why I'm gloating about being child-free'
- 9 Harpenden residents hit back at Green Belt homes bid
- 10 Day of fundraising for No Floor No More campaign
Tickets are �8, available on the website www.funnyfirstmondays.co.uk or on the door on Monday night.