Jeff Innocent headlines St Albans comedy club
FUNNY First Mondays is returning to its former home next week after 92 per cent of the club’s mailing list said they wanted to go back there.
The long-running comedy club had switched to St Albans Town Hall but after a poll of regular supporters, it has opted to move back to the Waterend Barn next to the Alban Arena.
And fittingly, the first show back there features a comedy legend making his first visit to Funny First Mondays, Jeff Innocent.
He has been performing comedy at the highest level for over 20 years, touring extensively both abroad and in the UK.
He has also appeared on a wide range of TV programmes as a stand up and actor including Later with Jools Holland, The Stand Up Show and The National Lottery Show as well as comedy panel shows, Eight Out of 10 Cats and Mock the Week.
You may also want to watch:
Opening the show, which gets underway at 8pm, will be up-and-coming star Brett Goldstein and also on the bill are local comedian Peter Callaghan and FFM comedy course graduate Dan Meese.
Resident MC Mike Manera will hold the show together.
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 3 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 5 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 6 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 7 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 8 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 9 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 10 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
Tickets are �8, available on the website www.funnyfirstmondays.co.uk or on the door on Monday night.