Jazz with dinner for diners
- Credit: Archant
Leading jazz musicians are performing live at a city centre restaurant during the International Organ Festival.
Festival Jazz brings a quartet of musicians to Lussmanns in St Albans from next Wednesday, July 8, until July 19.
Appearing from July 8 to 10 will be pianist Dom Pipkin who records and tours with Paloma Faith as well as being leader of Ronnie Scott’s regulars Dom Pipkin & the Ikos.
From July 11 to 13, it will be the turn of Bob Hadrell, The Barcodes and Incredible Blue Puppies pianist, while from July 14 to 16, Iain MacKenzie will be perfomring classic jazz and swing standards with a contemporary edge.
Completing the line-up from July 17 to 19 is Gareth Hunt who studied classical and jazz piano at the Guildhall School and has led his own quartet and trio.
You may also want to watch:
All performances start at approximately 8pm and are free to guests dining at Lussmanns. Reservations can be made directly with the restaurant on 01727 851941 or online via www.lussmanns.com, where the full line-up can also be found.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 9 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 10 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism