Jazz with dinner for diners
- Credit: Archant
Leading jazz musicians are performing live at a city centre restaurant during the International Organ Festival.
Festival Jazz brings a quartet of musicians to Lussmanns in St Albans from next Wednesday, July 8, until July 19.
Appearing from July 8 to 10 will be pianist Dom Pipkin who records and tours with Paloma Faith as well as being leader of Ronnie Scott’s regulars Dom Pipkin & the Ikos.
From July 11 to 13, it will be the turn of Bob Hadrell, The Barcodes and Incredible Blue Puppies pianist, while from July 14 to 16, Iain MacKenzie will be perfomring classic jazz and swing standards with a contemporary edge.
Completing the line-up from July 17 to 19 is Gareth Hunt who studied classical and jazz piano at the Guildhall School and has led his own quartet and trio.
You may also want to watch:
All performances start at approximately 8pm and are free to guests dining at Lussmanns. Reservations can be made directly with the restaurant on 01727 851941 or online via www.lussmanns.com, where the full line-up can also be found.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 4 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 5 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 9 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book