Jazz pianists for St Albans Festival of Summer Music
FOUR top jazz pianists will be performing in a St Albans restaurant as part of this year’s Festival of Summer Music.
The 10-day festival is organised by the International Organ Festival of St Albans (IOF) and Lussmanns Fish and Grill Restaurant in Waxhouse Gate will be hosting visits from the pianists.
Bob Haddrell, pianist with The Barcodes and Incredible Blues Puppies, is appearing from next Thursday, July 7, until Saturday, July 9. He has recorded in the States with Billy Swan and toured with Chicago’s Jimmy Dawkins and Dave Specter.
Dom Pipkin, currently the pianist with Paloma Faith and leader of the Ronnie Scott’s regulars Dom Pipkin & the Ikos is performing on Sunday, July 10, and Harry the Piano can be heard on Monday, July 11, and Tuesday, July 12.
Paul “Harry” Harris can play anything on piano and has been praised by Jonathan Ross as the best pianist in the civilised world.
You may also want to watch:
Bringing up the rear is Tim Lapthorn, who is playing from Wednesday, July 13, until Friday, July 15, and is widely regarded as one of Britain’s most exceptional and gifted young pianists.
All performances start at 8pm and are free to guests dining at Lussmanns. Special offers are available to patrons of the International Organ Festival and further details can be obtained by calling 01727 851941.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 3 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 4 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 7 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 10 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public