Jazz favourite plays at Herts Club this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Herts Jazz favourite Dave Newton performs the music from one of his most celebrated recordings with the original trio at the club this Sunday, December 13.
Victim of Circumstance is being performed by the Dave Newton Trio at the Herts Jazz Club in the Hawthorne Theatre, Welwyn Garden City, from 7.30pm,
A review in 1991 described him as an impressive composer with five of the tracks his own work.
It went on: “The title track carries a lovely, almost medieval tune, totally classic in construction and powerfully direct in cadential resolution. He possesses a massive flair for well-constructed melody, then a gentle, but by no means pussyfooting way with dynamics - his accenting is firm, positive and discriminately weighted.”
Pianist Dave will be joined by Alec Dankworth, bass, and Clark Tracey, drums.
Tickets in advance from here are £3 students/£10 members/£13 concessions/£14 full.
You may also want to watch:
On the door they are £5 students/£12 members/£15 concessions/£16 full.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 8 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 9 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 10 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app