Jazz combo teams up for St Albans concert
- Credit: Archant
Over 50 musicians and singers from three local jazz bands join forces for a concert in St Albans next Tuesday, July 5.
J3A (Jazz in the Third Age), under the directorship of local musician and music teacher Bob Power, will play music from Glenn Miller and Miles Davis in the 40s and 50s right up to the music of Stevie Wonder and Amy Winehouse.
The three bands all under the directorship of local musician and music teacher Bob Power are collectively known as J3A (Jazz In The Third Age).
They are formed from members of the U3A (University of the Third Age), the international organisation for retired people, the Fleetville Swing Band, a community band formed by late trombone player Paul OIive, and Hat 5, a band that Bob formed from members of school jazz bands he has run over the past 30 years.
The concert at the Maltings Arts Theatre in St Albans will offer a chance to hear each band perform individually and a finale involving all three of them.
Tickets at £10 are available from here.
You may also want to watch:
All profits from the concert will be donated to the Mount Vernon Cancer Charitable Fund.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly