Jazz Club date for Anita’s trio
- Credit: Archant
The Anita Wardell Quartet plays Herts Jazz Club this Sunday, June 28.
Anita’s longstanding musical relationship with her trio started with the release of Until The Stars Fade in 2001. Jazzwise Magazine called her “energetic and inventive” while The Guardian proclaimed her “a model of the jazz singer’s art”.
Her latest album, The Road, was released in summer 2013 and in the same year she won the best vocalist category in the British Jazz Awards.
Anita has travelled extensively, performing and leading jazz vocal masterclasses in USA, Europe and Australia.
The club meets at the Hawthorne Theatre in Welwyn Garden City and the evening gets underway at 7.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets at £3 students/£8 members/£10 concessions/£11 full are available in advance from www.hertsjazz.co.uk/gigs.html.
On the door they are £5 students/£9 members/£12 concessions/£13 full.
- 1 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 2 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 3 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 7 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 8 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 9 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 10 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
* Music fans have until next Tuesday, June 30, to get an early bird discount on tickets for this year’s Herts Jazz Festival which runs at the Hawthorne Theatre from September 18 to 20.
The headliners are the 21-piece Loose Tubes, Claire Martin and Big Band Britannia, playing the music of UK jazz legends Tubby Hayes and Stan Tracey.
Tickets can be obtained at www.hertsjazzfestival.co.uk or at the Hawthorne Theatre box office (0300 3039 620).