Jazz Club date for Anita’s trio
- Credit: Archant
The Anita Wardell Quartet plays Herts Jazz Club this Sunday, June 28.
Anita’s longstanding musical relationship with her trio started with the release of Until The Stars Fade in 2001. Jazzwise Magazine called her “energetic and inventive” while The Guardian proclaimed her “a model of the jazz singer’s art”.
Her latest album, The Road, was released in summer 2013 and in the same year she won the best vocalist category in the British Jazz Awards.
Anita has travelled extensively, performing and leading jazz vocal masterclasses in USA, Europe and Australia.
The club meets at the Hawthorne Theatre in Welwyn Garden City and the evening gets underway at 7.30pm.
Tickets at £3 students/£8 members/£10 concessions/£11 full are available in advance from www.hertsjazz.co.uk/gigs.html.
On the door they are £5 students/£9 members/£12 concessions/£13 full.
- 1 St Albans paedophile jailed for trying to arrange online abuse
- 2 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 3 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 4 Sentence increase for St Albans theatre stalwart jailed for paedophilia
- 5 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 6 Area Guide: The historic St Michael's village area of St Albans
- 7 Major architectural firm moves into St Albans
- 8 Call for proper testing for new Charter Market stalls
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Drum kit, CD player and stereo stolen in burglary
* Music fans have until next Tuesday, June 30, to get an early bird discount on tickets for this year’s Herts Jazz Festival which runs at the Hawthorne Theatre from September 18 to 20.
The headliners are the 21-piece Loose Tubes, Claire Martin and Big Band Britannia, playing the music of UK jazz legends Tubby Hayes and Stan Tracey.
Tickets can be obtained at www.hertsjazzfestival.co.uk or at the Hawthorne Theatre box office (0300 3039 620).