Jazz at Lussmanns restaurant in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
SOME of the UK’s best jazz musicians are performing live at a city centre restaurant in conjunction with the International Organ Festival.
From tonight (Thursday) until next Saturday, July 20, Lussmanns Restaurant will host live performances by four jazz artists.
Appearing from tonight until Saturday will be Gareth Hunt, who has gigged in a variety of contexts and led his own quartet and trio.
He currently holds positions at the Purcell School and St Paul’s Boys School where he coaches small groups and teaches jazz piano.
Taking over from Gareth from Sunday (14) until next Tuesday, July 16, will be Iain Mackenzie. He performs classic jazz and swing and is a regular performer at Ronnie Scott’s. He has recorded with Sandie Shaw, Sophie Ellis Bextor, Joss Stone and Mica Paris.
Dom Pipkin, currently the pianist with Paloma Faith with whom he records and tours all over the world, is performing next Wednesday and Thursday, July 17 and 18. He is leader of the Ronnie Scott’s regulars Dom Pipkin & the Ikos.
Last but not least is Bob Haddrell who is playing next Friday and Saturday, July 19 and 20. The Barcodes and Incredible Blues Puppies pianist writes with top Nashville artists, has recorded in the States with Billy Swan, and has toured with Chicago’s Jimmy Dawkins and Dave Specter.
- 1 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 3 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 4 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 5 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
- 6 Man in his 20s stabbed in shopping area in Hemel Hempstead
- 7 Campaign to keep Chiswell 'green' gains momentum
- 8 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 9 Pantomime dame from Radlett appears on ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent
- 10 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
All performances start at approximately 8pm and are free to guests dining at Lussmanns. Reservations are essential and can be made directly with the restaurant on 01727 851941.
Andrei Lussmann, owner of Lussmanns, said: “As the locals’ restaurant and official partner of the International Organ Festival, we are excited to be bringing such a great line-up of talented jazz musicians to St Albans.
“I hope that people will enjoy listening to these great performers, while eating well and being looked after in the relaxed, friendly manner that we are known for.”