James Nesbitt and Omid Djalili spotted filming new Sky 1 drama in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Tv-stars James Nesbitt and Omid Djalili were in town today filming comic-book-legend Stan Lee’s new police drama for Sky 1.
Film crews gathered at the White Swan pub, on Upper Dagnall Street and the town hall this morning, and spent the day filming two scenes.
Extras dressed in white wigs and courtroom robes were seen puffing cigarettes between takes throughout the day.
Lucky Man, due for broadcast next year, is being made by the production company behind ITV’s Downton Abbey.
The show is billed as the story of Det Insp Harry Clayton (James Nesbitt), a cop from Central London’s notorious Murder Squad, who is given a charm that seems to confer upon the wearer the ability to control luck.
You may also want to watch:
Ninety-two-year-old writer Stan Lee is best known for creating the X-Men, Iron Man and the Amazing Spider-Man.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 7 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 10 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner