James Bond theme for de Havilland Orchestra’s Hatfield concert
AN orchestra has a licence to thrill this Sunday (May 13) with an evening of music to celebrate the 50th anniversary of James Bond.
The de Havilland Orchestra will be performing the themes and incidental music from such classic Bond movies as Diamonds Are Forever, You Only Live Twice and Goldfinger.
The concert will feature a special guest appearance by vocalist and Bond diva Mary Carewe.
She has sung under the baton of Sir Simon Rattle, Kurt Masur and John Rutter, with the Birmingham Contemporary Music Group, the London Philharmonic Orchestra and the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra respectively.
Her now long-established artistic relationship with Carl Davis has led her to sing both James Bond and Oscar Winners programmes with the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra, the Royal Scottish National Orchestra and the City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra among others.
You may also want to watch:
The concert takes place at The Weston Auditorium on the University of Hertfordshire’s de Havilland Campus at 7.30pm. Tickets are �6, �15 and �20, available from the UHArts box office on 01707 281127 or online at www.herts.ac.uk/artsandgalleries.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 7 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 8 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 9 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 10 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots