Jade the gem for Harpenden school concert
AN EVENING of music by current and former musicians at a Harpenden school next Wednesday, June 23, promises a starry line-up.
The headline performer at the Roundwood Park evening of music under the stars is Jade Bultitude who has performed recent recitals at St Mary Le Bow Church in Westminster and St John’s, Notting Hill.
She is set to perform with the Amadeus Orchestra in China at Christmas and is one of only two UK musicians to be invited to take part in Sir James Galway’s Master Class in Switzerland.
Jade ended last year as a semi-finalist in the International Flute competition in Italy.
Also performing on the evening is George Hunt, a current Year 8 student who recently won the Hertfordshire Songwriting competition 2009 and will be performing one of his own compositions on the evening.
You may also want to watch:
The concert starts at 6.30pm and is open to members of the public. Tickets are �4 for adults, concessions �3 and a family ticket at �12, available at the door.
Concertgoers are invited to bring a picnic with Pimm’s and other drinks plus light refreshments available on the evening.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 3 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 7 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 9 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 10 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?