Jacqui Dankworth launches series at St Albans church
JAZZ great Jacqui Dankworth is coming to St Albans next week to sing for Concerts in Churches, a countrywide festival making its debut across the country.
Jacqui, who has one of the finest pedigrees of any jazz artiste as the daughter of the late Sir John Dankworth and Dame Cleo Laine, is performing next Thursday, July 8, at Marlborough Road Methodist Church.
Like all the greatest jazz performers, she is a regular at such iconic venues as Ronnie Scott’s in London, The Jazz Bakery in Los Angeles and international festivals and major venues.
Her Concerts in Churches programme will include such evergreens as Blue Moon and among her new songs will be The Man which she co-wrote with her father.
Marlborough Road Methodist Church is one of seven churches nationwide to host the new concerts. As well as offering outstanding facilities for professional concerts, selection of a church gives audiences a chance to appreciate a more intimate concert experience including meeting the artists after the performance.
You may also want to watch:
Refreshments will be available and the concert begins at 7.30pm. Ticket prices range from �21 to �9 and they can be obtained by calling 01449 738829, online at www.concertsinchurches.com or in person at St Albans Tourist Information Centre.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 5 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant