Jacqui Dankworth launches series at St Albans church
JAZZ great Jacqui Dankworth is coming to St Albans next week to sing for Concerts in Churches, a countrywide festival making its debut across the country.
Jacqui, who has one of the finest pedigrees of any jazz artiste as the daughter of the late Sir John Dankworth and Dame Cleo Laine, is performing next Thursday, July 8, at Marlborough Road Methodist Church.
Like all the greatest jazz performers, she is a regular at such iconic venues as Ronnie Scott’s in London, The Jazz Bakery in Los Angeles and international festivals and major venues.
Her Concerts in Churches programme will include such evergreens as Blue Moon and among her new songs will be The Man which she co-wrote with her father.
Marlborough Road Methodist Church is one of seven churches nationwide to host the new concerts. As well as offering outstanding facilities for professional concerts, selection of a church gives audiences a chance to appreciate a more intimate concert experience including meeting the artists after the performance.
You may also want to watch:
Refreshments will be available and the concert begins at 7.30pm. Ticket prices range from �21 to �9 and they can be obtained by calling 01449 738829, online at www.concertsinchurches.com or in person at St Albans Tourist Information Centre.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall