Jack and the Beanstalk at Harpenden Public Halls
PANTOMIME season is over isn’t it? Oh no it’s not in Harpenden where Jack and the Beanstalk is being performed in the Public Halls from next Wednesday to Saturday, January 25 to 28.
Hurst Children’s Theatre Group (HCTG) is putting on a pantomime for the sixth year and the story is the traditional one other than a two-headed Giant played by two of HCTG’s dads.
The main parts are taken by elder members of the company aged between 13 and 18 with three to six year olds playing the Little Beanies.
The show, which starts at various times on the four days, features ghosts, singalongs, baddies, dances and plenty to laugh at.
HCTG is a local, family-run theatre group which is opening a branch in St Albans in February.
It was started by Jonas Hurst’s grandmother over 60 years ago and then taken over by his father Mike who ran it simultaneously with being a member of sixties supergroup The Springfields as well as managing and producing the likes of Cat Stevens and Cilla Black.
Jonas, who lives in Harpenden, used to be a TV presenter and owns a presenter training company.
- 1 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
- 2 Recap: Lorry catches fire on M25 in Hertfordshire
- 3 St Albans Post Office branch re-opening after three years
- 4 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 5 Woman in her 70s victim of St Albans 'distraction theft'
- 6 Local NHS111 service provider to handle minor injuries at St Albans City Hospital
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Cool off at London Colney's new Watersplash
- 9 Recap: Rail firm cancels trains due to Herts 'operational issue'
- 10 Woodland access saved by Chiswell Green campaigner
Tickets for the panto are �8 with children �6, available by calling 01582 840245 or firstname.lastname@example.org