It’s elementary for Radlett Light Operatic Society
THE adventures of Sherlock Holmes will be brought to life at The Radlett Centre next week.
Radlett Light Operatic Society (RLOS) is putting on The Revenge of Sherlock Holmes, a musical adaptation of the Conan Doyle stories by Leslie Bricusse.
It could not have been timed better with the renaissance of the Sherlock Holmes tale, first with the Guy Ritchie film and then the acclaimed BBC series.
In 1897 Holmes and his arch-enemy Professor Moriarty plunged over the Reichenbach Falls. Both appeared to have met their fate in the abyss – until Holmes reappears in London all ready to settle down to a quiet retirement.
When strange things start to happen, the great detective starts to wonder if his nemesis really did die.
RLOS, which is putting on the production from next Tuesday to Saturday, November 23-27, have won four NODA (National Operatic and Dramatic Association) awards in the last three years.
Performances start at 7.45pm each evening with a Saturday matinee at 2.30pm and tickets are �12 to �14 with concessions for senior citizens and students.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 3 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 4 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 5 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 6 Call for Government to review district housing targets
- 7 Preaching into Sermon of the Year finals
- 8 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
- 9 St Albans care teams win big at annual awards ceremony
- 10 Churches group organises meeting for Ukrainians and host families
They can be obtained from The Radlett Centre box office on 01923 859291 or online at www.radlettcentre.co.uk