It’s All or Nothing at the Alban Arena this week
- Credit: Archant
Comedian Adam Hills brings his Clown Heart stand up show to the Alban Arena next Monday, June 27.
With 15 solo shows under his belt, he has received numerous awards including, as host of Channel 4’s The Last Leg, winning Best Breakthrough Act and being nominated for Best Entertainment Personality at the 2013 British Comedy Awards.
Last year he returned to the show for its sixth series as well as three Election Specials with another series commissioned for later this summer.
He is the only Australian comedian to have performed at the US Comedy Arts Festival in Aspen and is a regular star of the Cat Laughs Kilkenny Comedy Festival in Ireland and The Just For Laughs Festival in Montreal.
The show begins at 8pm and tickets at £21 are available from the box office on 01727 844488 or click here.
All or Nothing – The Mod Musical celebrates the music of the working class free spirits on their Vespas and Lambrettas in the sixties.
The Small Faces encapsulated the phenomenon which combined taste and testosterone, clothes obsession and being street-wise.
The band’s hits such as Whatcha Gonna Do About It, All or Nothing, Lazy Sunday and Itchycoo Park feature in the show at the Arena from 7.30pm next Thursday, June 30, and Friday, July 1.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 3 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 4 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 5 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 6 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
- 7 St Albans care teams win big at annual awards ceremony
- 8 Remembering 'Mr Harpenden' - the indomitable Michael Weaver
- 9 Churches group organises meeting for Ukrainians and host families
- 10 Hospices announce plans to join forces
Tickets are £25, £24, and £22.50.
Electric 80s performed by students of Top Hat Stage School comes on stage at the Arena next Saturday and Sunday, July 2 and 3.
The show, which features Top Hat students from Harpenden on Saturday and from St Albans on Sunday, will showcase some of the top hits from the period.
Tickets are £15 with under 12s, seniors and students £5 off.
* British biographical comedy-drama Florence Foster Jenkins, starring Meryl Streep and Hugh Grant,is being screened at the Arena next Tuesday and Wednesday, June 28 and 29.
It tells of Florence’s aspirations to become an opera singer with the help of her husband - despite her poor singing ability,
The film can be seen at 7.30pm both days with a 1.30pm matinee on Wednesday. Tickets are £7 with concessions £5.