Inspired by The Jump? Catch Eddie ‘The Eagle’ Edwards in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Inspired by the daring winter sport exploits of the celebrities on the new series of Channel 4 TV show The Jump?
Then book tickets to see GB 1988 Winter Olympian Eddie ‘The Eagle’ Edwards in St Albans.
Listen to the incredible story of a unique British sporting hero at The Alban Arena on Thursday, May 25.
In Try Hard, Eddie talks through his incredible life journey; from self-learning ski-jumping and being shunned by the sporting establishment, to the extensive surgery to rebuild his face and body following years of spectacular crashes on the snow.
Then there’s his attempts to break world records in stunt jumping (10 cars and six buses) and speed-skiing (106.8mph).
You may also want to watch:
Eddie, whose story was made into movie Eddie the Eagle last year, has also faced bankruptcy through trustees’ mismanagement and gained a Law degree. He also became a most unlikely pop star in Finland.
• Tickets for Eddie ‘The Eagle’ Edwards at The Alban Arena on Thursday, May 25 at 7.30pm cost £16.
Book online at the Arena’s website at www.alban-arena.co.uk or call the box office on 01727 844488.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 5 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 6 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 7 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 8 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 9 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 10 No cars mean children can play out in streets