Ian Stone headlines St Albans comedy night
RANKED among the top 10 stand-ups in Britain by a national newspaper, Ian Stone is the headline act at Havana in Victoria Street, St Albans, next Thursday, November 3.
Ian has performed all over the world as well as entertaining the troops in Kuwait, Bosnia, Kosova, Cyprus and most recently, Afghanistan. He was also the first stand-up to perform in Moscow.
A veteran of numerous TV appearances, he has an easy-going manner and self-deprecating style.
Opening the evening at the Hav-an-a Laugh club is Watford boy Eddy Brimson who is regarded as one of the most interesting, considered and thoughtful comedians on the stand-up circuit.
He has recently returned from a sell-out series of shows in Australia and performed at both the Camden Fringe and Edinburgh. He has also taken his comedy to such far-flung places as Hong Kong, Singapore, Thailand, Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Bahrain.
You may also want to watch:
MC is Mowten who has been performing comedy since 2005 and has been described by Time Out as highly original and amusing.
The evening gets underway at 9pm and tickets are �10 in advance from 01727 862456 or www.havanastalbans.co.uk and �12.50 on the night.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 9 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 10 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery