Ian Stone at Hav-a-na Laugh, St Albans
TALENTED topical act and compere Ian Stone is headlining Hav-a-na Laugh comedy club in St Albans next Thursday, September 6.
Ranked amongst the top 10 stand-ups in Britain by The Independent, he is also a member of the Comedy Store’s critically acclaimed Cutting Edge team.
He has performed all over the world including comedy festivals in Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, South Africa, Holland, France, Ireland and Germany as well as entertaining the troops in Kuwait, Bosnia, Kosovo, Cyprus and most recently Afghanistan.
He was also the first British stand-up to perform in Moscow and the first performer to appear for The Comedy Store in Mumbai.
Opening the evening at Havana in Victoria Street will be Erich McElroy.
Originally from Seattle, Erich joined ranks and became a British citizen and is highly regarded for his humorous and insightful take on living in the UK.
Following a successful Edinburgh Fringe as part of the highly regarded AAA Stand-Up Late at The Pleasance in 2010, he is making his mark on the UK comedy circuit.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 3 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 4 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 5 Preaching into Sermon of the Year finals
- 6 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 7 Call for Government to review district housing targets
- 8 St Albans care teams win big at annual awards ceremony
- 9 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
- 10 Churches group organises meeting for Ukrainians and host families
MC is Dave Ward, a friendly, upbeat comic with a cynicism that gives his comedy a gentle bite. The show begins at 9pm and tickets are �10 in advance, �12.50 on the night, available from the hotline on 01727 862456 or www.havanastalbans.co.uk