Ian Stone at Hav-a-na Laugh, St Albans
TALENTED topical act and compere Ian Stone is headlining Hav-a-na Laugh comedy club in St Albans next Thursday, September 6.
Ranked amongst the top 10 stand-ups in Britain by The Independent, he is also a member of the Comedy Store’s critically acclaimed Cutting Edge team.
He has performed all over the world including comedy festivals in Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, South Africa, Holland, France, Ireland and Germany as well as entertaining the troops in Kuwait, Bosnia, Kosovo, Cyprus and most recently Afghanistan.
He was also the first British stand-up to perform in Moscow and the first performer to appear for The Comedy Store in Mumbai.
Opening the evening at Havana in Victoria Street will be Erich McElroy.
Originally from Seattle, Erich joined ranks and became a British citizen and is highly regarded for his humorous and insightful take on living in the UK.
Following a successful Edinburgh Fringe as part of the highly regarded AAA Stand-Up Late at The Pleasance in 2010, he is making his mark on the UK comedy circuit.
- 1 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 4 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 5 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 6 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 7 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 8 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 9 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 10 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
MC is Dave Ward, a friendly, upbeat comic with a cynicism that gives his comedy a gentle bite. The show begins at 9pm and tickets are �10 in advance, �12.50 on the night, available from the hotline on 01727 862456 or www.havanastalbans.co.uk