Ian Stone at Hav-a-na Laugh, St Albans
TALENTED topical act and compere Ian Stone is headlining Hav-a-na Laugh comedy club in St Albans next Thursday, September 6.
Ranked amongst the top 10 stand-ups in Britain by The Independent, he is also a member of the Comedy Store’s critically acclaimed Cutting Edge team.
He has performed all over the world including comedy festivals in Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, South Africa, Holland, France, Ireland and Germany as well as entertaining the troops in Kuwait, Bosnia, Kosovo, Cyprus and most recently Afghanistan.
He was also the first British stand-up to perform in Moscow and the first performer to appear for The Comedy Store in Mumbai.
Opening the evening at Havana in Victoria Street will be Erich McElroy.
You may also want to watch:
Originally from Seattle, Erich joined ranks and became a British citizen and is highly regarded for his humorous and insightful take on living in the UK.
Following a successful Edinburgh Fringe as part of the highly regarded AAA Stand-Up Late at The Pleasance in 2010, he is making his mark on the UK comedy circuit.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 7 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 8 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 9 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
MC is Dave Ward, a friendly, upbeat comic with a cynicism that gives his comedy a gentle bite. The show begins at 9pm and tickets are �10 in advance, �12.50 on the night, available from the hotline on 01727 862456 or www.havanastalbans.co.uk