Ian Moore headlining Hav-a-na Laugh in St Albans
REGULAR headliner at London’s Comedy Store, Ian Moore has almost single-handedly led the resurgence of all things mod.
And next Thursday, November 1, the comedian headlines Hav-a-na Laugh in St Albans.
Ian’s laconic observations on life, from the problems of using the wrong vocabulary in a German Pizza Hut to an almost pathological hatred of most forms of physical exertion, have proved hugely successful with live audiences all over the world from Australia to China, and the Philippines to the Middle East.
Following a sell-out run at the Edinburgh Festival where he appeared with Catherine Tate, Ian was one of only seven British comics selected to appear at the pinnacle of all comedy festivals – Montreal’s Just for Laughs.
Alongside the likes of Jimmy Carr, Ian performed in the sell-out Britcom showcase, subsequently going on to headline the Worldcom show at the festival’s finale.
You may also want to watch:
Opening the evening at Havana in Victoria Street will be Erich McElroy, originally from Seattle but now a British citizen, who has an insightful take on living in the UK.
MC is Bennett Arron, a Jewish/Welsh comedian who recently supported Ricky Gervais on some of his tour dates.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 5 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 6 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 7 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 8 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 St Albans Striders enjoy comfort of their home roads if not the heat and hills
He has performed on Loose Ends, Not Tonight With John Sergeant, Glee Time, Large (a satirical sketch show for the BBC), Never Write Off The Germans (a panel game show for Radio 2), three series of What’s The Story (a panel game show for BBC Wales) and he was a presenter on Big Brother’s Little Brother.
Bennett is also a trained actor and appeared in the film Dead Long Enough alongside Michael Sheen. Tickets for the evening, which starts at 9pm, are �10 in advance from the ticket hotline on 01727 862456 or go to www.havanastalbans.o.uk