Hop to it to learn dance moves
A NEW hip hop dance class has started this week in Wheathampstead Memorial Hall. Taught by award-winning local dance troupe Alter Ego, it will teach break-dance, body popping, locking and house from 6pm every Monday evening at a discounted cost of £2 for
A NEW hip hop dance class has started this week in Wheathampstead Memorial Hall.
Taught by award-winning local dance troupe Alter Ego, it will teach break-dance, body popping, locking and house from 6pm every Monday evening at a discounted cost of £2 for village children.
The classes are led by Brendon Hansford, director of Alter Ego, who has an impressive track record of winning street dance competitions. His dance group recently won the South London Street Dance Championship.
Organised by Wheathampstead district and parish councillors, Judy Shardlow and Annie Brewster, the classes are being part-funded by the parish council. Cllr Shardlow said: "This is a great chance for young adults to learn street dance in a fun and relaxed environment from a talented teacher. It's open to anyone over the age of 13 and children from Wheathampstead will pay just £2 per sessions thanks to funding from the parish council youth committee."
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Brewster added: "I hope that this will be just the start of more things for children and teenagers to do in their own village. It's essential that children have things to do without having to travel across the district."
Places can be booked by calling Brendon on 07782 345111 or at the classes on Monday evening. The discounted places are available to children aged 13 to 18 living in the village.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 6 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 7 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 8 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 9 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 10 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents