Hillside restaurant, Wheathampstead to host Friday jazz nights
A NEW live jazz venture has been set up at a village restaurant.
The Hillside in Wheathampstead has declared that Friday night is the new jazz night, orchestrated by shareholder Barry Hilton and programmed by award-winning Hertfordshire-born vocalist Sarah Ellen Hughes.
Featured on a monthly basis is local girl Emma Smith, who will soon be a graduate of the prestigious Royal Academy of Music, having moved to London to study four years ago.
Emma grew up in Harpenden and began her professional career singing with her Granddad Chris Smith’s band The String of Pearls Orchestra. Chris was a featured trombonist with the Tubby Hayes Orchestra and in Frank Sinatra’s band too.
Emma recently released her debut album The Huntress, which has been well received by jazz press nationwide.
You may also want to watch:
Bookings can be made by calling 01582 833111 and live music is from 8.30 to 10.45pm. Tickets are �35 a head (inclusive of food).
Appearing tomorrow night (Friday) is Sarah Ellen Hughes followed on June 15 by guitarist Ben McDonnell, Sarah Ellen again on June 22 and Brazilian duo Sonhos Do Brasil on June 29.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 5 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 6 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 7 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 8 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 St Albans Striders enjoy comfort of their home roads if not the heat and hills