High School choir joining St Albans Choral Society for concert
ST ALBANS Choral Society will be joined by the Junior Choir of St Albans High School for Girls at its annual family concert of music, readings and carols next weekend.
Starting the Christmas season from 7pm on Sunday, December 11, at Marlborough Road Methodist Church, the girls of the Junior Choir, aged from nine to 11, will help put the audience in the festive mood with four songs including All Over the World by Mary Donnelly and Alan Simmons.
Under music director George Vass, the concert will feature music old and new. Traditional carols such as Ding Dong Merrily on High will feature and the Society’s singers will perform Christus Natus Est by Cecilia McDowall, its composer-in-association.
Accompanied by organist Richard Harvey, the choral society will also perform new carols by contemporary composers Matthew Owens, Bob Chilcott, Thomas Hewitt-Jones and John Rutter.
The audience will be given the chance to join in some of the best-known carols and be entertained by members of the society who will give a series of readings.
You may also want to watch:
Interval refreshments will be served in aid of charity.
Tickets cost �12 or �1 for children. They are available from SACS ticket line 07884 231958, online at www.allaboutstalbans.com or at the door.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 5 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 6 Jeffers has double helpings as St Albans City continue to wolf down their 'bread and butter' at Bath
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
- 9 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 10 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash