Hi ho silver lining
ROCK band Silver Sided are looking for their next big break from a national music competition. The four-piece band are fighting it out with other acts from all over the country to be one of the 14 bands who will play in the Surface Unsigned 2008 festival
ROCK band Silver Sided are looking for their next big break from a national music competition.
The four-piece band are fighting it out with other acts from all over the country to be one of the 14 bands who will play in the Surface Unsigned 2008 festival to be held in Birmingham in September.
Drummer James Peacock, aged 20, who went to St George's School in Harpenden, explained that the competition was in the heat stages.
Bands from the North, the Midlands and the South are all competing to get the chance to play at the festival.
You may also want to watch:
James said the band were currently in talks with an undisclosed record label which had studios all over the world.
Silver Sided comprise singer Mark Shea, guitarist Matt Gabriel, bassist Rich Davies and drummer James. They have been together since 2006 when the quartet met via the internet.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 6 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 7 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 8 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
All four work during the day and spend their evenings in the recording studio working on new tracks.
The biggest audience they have played to was 30,000 when they were featured on BBC radio.
They are looking forward to playing at Battle of the Bands at the Horn pub in St Albans on March 18.
To listen to their music go to www.silversided.com