Hi ho silver lining
ROCK band Silver Sided are looking for their next big break from a national music competition. The four-piece band are fighting it out with other acts from all over the country to be one of the 14 bands who will play in the Surface Unsigned 2008 festival
ROCK band Silver Sided are looking for their next big break from a national music competition.
The four-piece band are fighting it out with other acts from all over the country to be one of the 14 bands who will play in the Surface Unsigned 2008 festival to be held in Birmingham in September.
Drummer James Peacock, aged 20, who went to St George's School in Harpenden, explained that the competition was in the heat stages.
Bands from the North, the Midlands and the South are all competing to get the chance to play at the festival.
You may also want to watch:
James said the band were currently in talks with an undisclosed record label which had studios all over the world.
Silver Sided comprise singer Mark Shea, guitarist Matt Gabriel, bassist Rich Davies and drummer James. They have been together since 2006 when the quartet met via the internet.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 8 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 9 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 10 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
All four work during the day and spend their evenings in the recording studio working on new tracks.
The biggest audience they have played to was 30,000 when they were featured on BBC radio.
They are looking forward to playing at Battle of the Bands at the Horn pub in St Albans on March 18.
To listen to their music go to www.silversided.com