Herts Jazz Club hosting pianist Zoe Rahman
ONE of the brightest stars on the contemporary jazz scene, Zoe Rahman, launches the new year at Herts Jazz Club on Sunday evening.
A pianist/composer, her style is deeply rooted in jazz yet reflects her classical background, British/Bengali heritage and her very broad musical taste.
She is a recipient of the Perrier Young Jazz Musician Award and was nominated for the Mercury Music Prize for her album Melting Pot.
Accompanying Zoe at the club which meets at 7.45pm at Campus West, Welwyn Garden City, will be Oli Hayhurst on bass and Gene Calderazzo on drums.
Clark Tracey, from Herts Jazz Club, said: “We are starting off 2011 in style with one of the leading young jazz stars in the country. It should be quite an evening.”
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are �5 for students and under 21s, �10 online at www.welhat.gov.uk/cw, �12 on the door and �8 for members.
n A gig at the club featuring St Albans veteran jazz musician Stan Tracey on December 18 had to be cancelled because of the snow. It will be rescheduled for another date in 2011.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 5 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
- 6 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 9 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 10 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game