Herts Jazz Club hosting pianist Zoe Rahman
ONE of the brightest stars on the contemporary jazz scene, Zoe Rahman, launches the new year at Herts Jazz Club on Sunday evening.
A pianist/composer, her style is deeply rooted in jazz yet reflects her classical background, British/Bengali heritage and her very broad musical taste.
She is a recipient of the Perrier Young Jazz Musician Award and was nominated for the Mercury Music Prize for her album Melting Pot.
Accompanying Zoe at the club which meets at 7.45pm at Campus West, Welwyn Garden City, will be Oli Hayhurst on bass and Gene Calderazzo on drums.
Clark Tracey, from Herts Jazz Club, said: “We are starting off 2011 in style with one of the leading young jazz stars in the country. It should be quite an evening.”
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are �5 for students and under 21s, �10 online at www.welhat.gov.uk/cw, �12 on the door and �8 for members.
n A gig at the club featuring St Albans veteran jazz musician Stan Tracey on December 18 had to be cancelled because of the snow. It will be rescheduled for another date in 2011.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Charity founder cancels Channel swim after suffering long Covid