Enjoy 'Christmas with Copperfield' at Alan Barnes' Herts Jazz concert in St Albans
- Credit: Mike O'Brien. Picture supplied by Herts Jazz Club.
Herts Jazz organisers hope to finish the year with a bang at the Maltings Theatre in St Albans.
Alan Barnes’ Christmas with Copperfield concert will be the club’s final gig of the season at the Maltings on Sunday, December 19 at 7.30pm.
The scheduled line-up will feature Alan Barnes, Karen Sharp and Robert Fowler on reeds, Bruce Adams on trumpet, Mark Nightingale on trombone, Dave Newton on piano, Simon Thorpe on bass, and Clark Tracey on drums.
Everyone in music knows Alan Barnes as one of our greatest jazz musicians, winning many awards, playing clarinet, alto and baritone saxophones, both in smaller intimate jazz clubs and on larger concert hall stages.
He is also an outstanding music writer and arranger, with two previous brilliant jazz suites evoking the wonders of Dickens’ Christmas Carol and Conan Doyle’s Sherlock Holmes.
Tickets for the gig are available via ovo.org.uk/buy-tickets.
Tickets in advance are £11 for Herts Jazz members, £14 for over-65s, £15 for non-members.
On the night they are £13 for Herts Jazz members, £16 for over-65s, and £17 for non-members.
- 1 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 2 'Don't touch my hair!' - tackling hair discrimination against black youngsters
- 3 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 4 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 5 Property Spotlight: A striking modern apartment in St Albans
- 6 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 7 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 8 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 9 Red Door Recruitment share tips to help you land your dream job as they celebrate 15 years in business
- 10 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
Special student rates of £5 in advance or £7 on the door apply. All tickets have an additional £1 booking fee.
The performance will start at 7.30pm, have an intermission at 8.30pm, and finish around 10pm.