Brewery teams up with Herts and Middlesex Wildlife Trust to create a new beer
- Credit: Archant
Cheers! A wildlife conservation trust has partnered with a Hertfordshire brewery to create a new beer.
Herts and Middlesex Wildlife Trust (HMWT) has teamed up with Farr Brew.
The Wheathampstead-based brewery will create a new beer that will go on sale later in the year to support the work of the trust.
In addition to the special edition brew, the brewery will work with HMWT to ensure that the area where it grows its hops is wildlife friendly.
Tim Hill, Herts and Middlesex Wildlife Trust’s conservation manager, said: “We are thrilled to be partnering with Farr Brewery.
You may also want to watch:
“The brewery shares our love of local wildlife and I look forward to helping manage the land where they grow their hops.”
Farr Brew has strong environmental credentials and is a finalist in the SIBA (The Society of Independent Brewers) Green Business of the Year Award 2018.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 3 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 4 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 5 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 8 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 9 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 10 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
Nick Farr said: “Farr Brew’s principles are all about community and the environment we are part of, so partnering with the Trust is a natural decision.
“We believe that we should all keep the planet as green and beautiful as possible and we try to ensure that conservation is at the heart of any business decision we make.
“We’re proud of our Hertfordshire home and we’re delighted to be working with the Trust to keep it wild!”
As part of its new partnership with Farr Brew, Herts and Middlesex Wildlife Trust is running a competition to name the new pale ale.
The winner will see their successful entry on the beer, and also receive a brewery tour for two at Farr Brew and 12 bottles of Farr Brew beer.
Entries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for submissions is March 31, 2018.
Herts and Middlesex Wildlife Trust is the leading voice for wildlife conservation in Hertfordshire and Middlesex.
With volunteers, HMWT manages a network of more than 40 nature reserves, covering nearly 2,000 acres, from woodlands and wetlands to rare patches of heath and orchard.
• Please see competition terms and conditions at hertswildlifetrust.org.uk/farrbrew