Brewery teams up with Herts and Middlesex Wildlife Trust to create a new beer
- Credit: Archant
Cheers! A wildlife conservation trust has partnered with a Hertfordshire brewery to create a new beer.
Herts and Middlesex Wildlife Trust (HMWT) has teamed up with Farr Brew.
The Wheathampstead-based brewery will create a new beer that will go on sale later in the year to support the work of the trust.
In addition to the special edition brew, the brewery will work with HMWT to ensure that the area where it grows its hops is wildlife friendly.
Tim Hill, Herts and Middlesex Wildlife Trust’s conservation manager, said: “We are thrilled to be partnering with Farr Brewery.
You may also want to watch:
“The brewery shares our love of local wildlife and I look forward to helping manage the land where they grow their hops.”
Farr Brew has strong environmental credentials and is a finalist in the SIBA (The Society of Independent Brewers) Green Business of the Year Award 2018.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 5 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 6 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 8 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 9 Cheers! Great Northern pub set to host beer and cider festival
- 10 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
Nick Farr said: “Farr Brew’s principles are all about community and the environment we are part of, so partnering with the Trust is a natural decision.
“We believe that we should all keep the planet as green and beautiful as possible and we try to ensure that conservation is at the heart of any business decision we make.
“We’re proud of our Hertfordshire home and we’re delighted to be working with the Trust to keep it wild!”
As part of its new partnership with Farr Brew, Herts and Middlesex Wildlife Trust is running a competition to name the new pale ale.
The winner will see their successful entry on the beer, and also receive a brewery tour for two at Farr Brew and 12 bottles of Farr Brew beer.
Entries should be sent to email@example.com
The closing date for submissions is March 31, 2018.
Herts and Middlesex Wildlife Trust is the leading voice for wildlife conservation in Hertfordshire and Middlesex.
With volunteers, HMWT manages a network of more than 40 nature reserves, covering nearly 2,000 acres, from woodlands and wetlands to rare patches of heath and orchard.
• Please see competition terms and conditions at hertswildlifetrust.org.uk/farrbrew