Hertfordshire County Youth Orchestra at St Albans Abbey
ONE of the most accomplished and innovative youth orchestras in the country is performing at St Albans Abbey next Friday evening, August 27.
Hertfordshire County Youth Orchestra (CYO) with the ladies of the County Youth Choir will be playing Holst’s The Planets, Berlioz’s Roman Carnival Overture and Debussy’s Nocturnes from 7.30pm.
The orchestra performs locally in Hertfordshire as well as nationally and internationally and has a reputation for taking on challenging programmes including, last year, a performance of Schoenberg’s Gurre-Lieder.
CYO also worked on the BBC TV series Maestro and in 2007 toured Prague including a concert and recording of Janacek’s Sinfonietta and Taras Bulba and Martinu’s Symphony No. 1.
Other CYO recordings include their 2004 disc of Elgar’s Violin Concerto with soloist David Greed and Edwin Roxburgh’s Saturn in 2005.
Tickets for the concert range from �18 to �12 with students and concessions �10 and children and restricted view seats �5. They are available from the box office on 01727 890256.
- 1 St Albans restaurant wins big in Curry Oscars
- 2 Property Spotlight: A stunning pub conversion in central St Albans
- 3 Sexual assault onboard train to Harpenden
- 4 Founding CAMRA pub is on the market
- 5 Rearranged waste and recycling bin collection dates for Christmas and January in St Albans
- 6 Boreham Wood 4-0 St Albans City: FA Cup fairy tale comes to an end for The Saints
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Camp area of St Albans
- 8 St Albans gang members jailed for running cannabis factory network
- 9 Gift shop's £20K donation to cancer charity
- 10 Enjoy Christmas carols with ukuleles and a brass band in St Albans park