Hertfordshire County Youth Orchestra at St Albans Abbey
ONE of the most accomplished and innovative youth orchestras in the country is performing at St Albans Abbey next Friday evening, August 27.
Hertfordshire County Youth Orchestra (CYO) with the ladies of the County Youth Choir will be playing Holst’s The Planets, Berlioz’s Roman Carnival Overture and Debussy’s Nocturnes from 7.30pm.
The orchestra performs locally in Hertfordshire as well as nationally and internationally and has a reputation for taking on challenging programmes including, last year, a performance of Schoenberg’s Gurre-Lieder.
CYO also worked on the BBC TV series Maestro and in 2007 toured Prague including a concert and recording of Janacek’s Sinfonietta and Taras Bulba and Martinu’s Symphony No. 1.
Other CYO recordings include their 2004 disc of Elgar’s Violin Concerto with soloist David Greed and Edwin Roxburgh’s Saturn in 2005.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the concert range from �18 to �12 with students and concessions �10 and children and restricted view seats �5. They are available from the box office on 01727 890256.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 3 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 7 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 9 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 10 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?