Heroic film action for the Maltings, St Albans
MOVIEGOERS are invited to don a mask and cape to go and see tomorrow s Friday Night Movie at the Maltings Arts Theatre in St Albans. The theatre is showing The Watchmen at 7.30pm, directed by Zack Snyder and closely based on the late eighties comic book b
MOVIEGOERS are invited to don a mask and cape to go and see tomorrow's Friday Night Movie at the Maltings Arts Theatre in St Albans.
The theatre is showing The Watchmen at 7.30pm, directed by Zack Snyder and closely based on the late eighties comic book by Alan Moore and local comic book artist Dave Gibbons.
The Watchmen is set in an alternate-history version of 1985 following a group of former vigilante-superheroes during Cold War tensions between the US and the Soviet Union.
Meanwhile an investigation into an apparent conspiracy against them uncovers something even more grandiose and sinister.
You may also want to watch:
The movie grossed $55 million on its opening weekend and was applauded by critics for its dark take on the superhero genre.
Tickets are �5 with concessions �4.50, available from the box office on 01727 844222.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 5 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 6 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 7 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans