Henry Blofeld and Tony Benn at Harpenden Public Halls
AUDIENCES at Harpenden Public Halls tomorrow night (Friday) will find there is far more to Henry Blofeld than just commentating on cosy old Test Match Special.
In fact he has lived life to the full and his views are both prickly and funny. He kicks the pompous, the politically correct, prancing popinjays and more besides into touch – and that is before he gets on to Elf an Safety.
Henry comes on stage at 7.30pm and tickets are �15 with concessions �12 available from the box office on 01582 767525 or www.harpendenpublichalls.co.uk
Veteran Labour politician Tony Benn will be talking about his life and changes to his party when he appears at Harpenden Public Halls next Tuesday, November 8.
One of the best raconteurs on the road, he retired from the House of Commons a decade ago and famously announced that after 50 years in Parliament, he was planning “to spend more time on politics.”
You may also want to watch:
Outspoken and tireless in his campaigns, he has been as good as his word and he is still in the news.
For his visit to the Tory heartland of Harpenden, he will be interviewed by BBC Radio Oxford presenter Wesley Smith.
- 1 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 2 Lease up for grabs on vacant Batchwood Hall building
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 5 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn
- 6 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 7 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 8 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 9 Pupils' brighter walk to school thanks to developer
- 10 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
Tickets for An Evening with Tony Benn which starts at 7.30pm, are �17 with concessions �15.
n A performance of The Stick Man on Saturday at the Public Halls and a visit from comedian Phill Jupitus next Wednesday, November 9, are both sold out.