Hazel O’Connor at The Horn, St Albans
SINGER/songwriter Hazel O’Connor is celebrating the special release of her iconic movie Breaking Glass by taking to the road this autumm.
And she is making a return visit to The Horn in St Albans next Tuesday, October 16, as part of her Greatest Hits/Breaking Glass tour.
Having just celebrated 30 years since Breaking Glass launched her into the spotlight, she will be appearing with the full band sound featuring Clare Hirst on sax (Bellestars, Communards, Bowie) and Sarah Fisher on keyboards (Eurythmics).
Her ageless songs include Eighth Day, Will You, Big Brother, Monsters in Disguise, Calls The Tune, If Only, Give Me An Inch, Blackman, Hanging Around and That’s Life.
Hazel started her professional life as a dancer working in such diverse countries as Japan and the Lebanon. In 1980, she was catapulted to stardom as Kate in the film Breaking Glass for which she also wrote and performed the soundtrack.
You may also want to watch:
She won the Variety Club of Great Britain’s 1980 Film Actress Of The Year Award and, in 1981, was nominated for BAFTA Best Newcomer with Breaking Glass nominated for Best Film soundtrack.
In addition to the release of Breaking Glass on DVD, the tour coincides with the publication of Hazel’s autobiography Breaking Glass Barefoot.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
Tickets at �18 are available in advance from www.thehorn.co.uk or over the bar and will be �20 on the door on the night.