Have your say on Harpenden artist’s future paintings of music legends
- Credit: Archant
Versatile artist Graham Brock enjoys painting music legends - and he is asking for public help in deciding who to depict for forthcoming exhibitions.
Graham, who lives in Harpenden, has exhibitions lined up in Chichester and London this year and hopes to show his work in St Albans as well as part of September’s Herts Open Studios event.
He is asking Herts Advertiser readers to send him their top 10 musicians and he will paint them for the exhibitions in his preferred media, acrylic and watercolour.
He said: “If people could email me a list of their top 10 musicians, once the exhibitions are finished, I could do limited edition prints of them.”
Graham, who would welcome lists incorporating single artists, bands or music icons, can paint them in a couple of days and wields the paintbrush listening to the music of his subject.
You may also want to watch:
He explained: “It is a way of me reaching out to the public. It is easy to get Rod Stewart, Elton John and people of my own era.”
Graham, who has been painting since the age of four and used to run a hairdressers, can be contacted at email@example.com
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden
- 10 Carillon Chamber Choir's farewell concert in St Albans