Have no doubts over Palace guest
A FANTASTICAL creature whose arrival in a normal household disrupts the incumbents ordered lives is at the heart of the next production at Watford Palace Theatre. Hoipolloi is putting on The Doubtful Guest inspired by the book by Edward Gorey from next T
A FANTASTICAL creature whose arrival in a normal household disrupts the incumbents' ordered lives is at the heart of the next production at Watford Palace Theatre.
Hoipolloi is putting on The Doubtful Guest inspired by the book by Edward Gorey from next Thursday, March 13, to Saturday, March 22.
It is the company's first ensemble piece since their success with comic creation Hugh Hughes in the production Floating which won several awards.
Gorey, who was born in 1925, was an American cult icon for his dark, sneakily-sinister books and intricately-drawn accompanying illustrations. A self-confessed misfit, his peculiar output appealed to both children and adults alike.
You may also want to watch:
The Doubtful Guest is one of his most popular tales in the USA with a film version by Jim Henson due to be released in 2009
It is suitable for anyone aged eight and upwards and tickets and further information about the production can be obtained by calling the Watford Palace box office on 01923 225671 or go to www.watfordpalacetheatre.co.uk or www.hoipolloi.org.uk
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 6 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital